Le Dîner en Blanc: The City’s Largest Dinner Party Returns to Vancouver
After a 2-year hiatus, Le Dîner en Blanc – Vancouver returns! The elegant and secret affair has become one of the most anticipated events of the year. Taking place Thursday, August 18, 2022, at a new secret location, guests are once again invited to dine and dance under the stars.
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous edition; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up for the waiting list. To get the opportunity to be part of the experience, people can sign up now by visiting vancouver.dinerenblanc.com and clicking on the Register tab.
Le Dîner en Blanc is an event that transports us into another world. The sea of people all adorned in white creates images that are instantly ‘Instagram-able’. Whether meeting new people or reuniting with long-time friends, this year’s event promises an evening à la française where conversation and champagne are essential.
Presented in partnership with The Social Concierge, Co-founder Tyson Villeneuve is excited to host in this year’s iteration: “This chic and elegant affair is the perfect opportunity for our community to shop local and support neighborhood vendors. This year, the number of participants will be limited, so we strongly invite the participants to register early.”
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
– Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
– Table setting: all white!
– Champagne and/or wine – As per Vancouver, B.C. alcohol laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store; however, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
– To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
– In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
– A table, two white chairs and a white tablecloth.
– A picnic basket comprising fine food, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
– A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.