TELUS Future Home
TELUS is bringing the home of the future to demonstrate the life-changing potential of its state-of-the-art fibre optic network and offer a preview of what will be possible when homes are connected at the speed of light.
The Future Home showcases some of the most cutting-edge technology available today and provides a sneak peek at smart-home innovations on the horizon. TELUS collaborated with technology leaders including Samsung, Ericsson and Alcatel-Lucent to envision the Future Home and bring the near-term possibilities enabled by dramatically faster Internet speeds to life.
The 560-square-foot Future Home is a concept home built to simulate a small condo. It offers an immersive technology experience that demonstrates how technology will make our lives safer, healthier and more efficient than ever before:
– Biometric security systems will allow us to secure and unlock our homes using facial recognition; we’ll never have to search for keys again.
– Smart fridges will help plan our menus while smart cooktops will guide us through new recipes with a step-by-step instructions and even calculate the nutritional value of our meals to make sure we stay on track with our wellness plans.
– A connected home office with an interactive touch table can make commuting a thing of the past and could be a lifesaver when we’re too sick (or busy) to go to the doctor’s office; instead we can virtually visit with our doctors over high-definition video conference.
– Intelligent thermostats and lighting will reduce energy costs; enabling us to control lighting and heating conveniently from our smartphones or tablets.
– Connected sensors and cameras will allow us to remotely monitor our children, pets and even our plants on our smartphones, providing parents with piece of mind like never before.
– Next-generation home entertainment will bring the movie-theatre experience right into our living rooms when the 4K ultra HD Optik TV experience is brought to life on an awe-inspiring 78” Samsung Curved UHD TV.
The Future Home will be located at 5670 East Boulevard, Kerrisdale B.C. (outside Kerrisdale Arena) and will be open to local residents starting Thursday, June 9 through to Sunday, June 19 from 11:00am – 7:00pm daily.
All Future Home visitors will have the opportunity to enter a contest sponsored by TELUS, where they will have a chance to win a prize pack, courtesy of Samsung, which includes a 55” Samsung UHD LED Smart TV (retail value $1,600), a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 LTE 9.7 (retail value $600) and a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (retail value $850) – no purchase is necessary.