TransLink offers free transit on New Yearâ€™s Eve in Metro Vancouver 2012 – 2013
As in previous years, TransLink is making transit service free starting Monday evening (December 31, 2012) after 5:00 pm.Â The free service ends at Tuesday morning (January 1, 2013) around 5:00 am.
Monday, December 31, 2012Â (New Year’s Eve)
**Free fares start at 5 p.m. Dec 31 and go until 5 a.m. Jan 1.**
- BusÂ service will run usual weekday schedules with some routes running additional evening/late-night trips after their normal schedules. Use theÂ Trip PlannerÂ to check your route and bus times, or read ourÂ New Year’s Eve Bus Schedule AdjustmentsÂ service sheet for a list of bus routes providing extra service on December 31.
- SkyTrainÂ will run usual weekday schedules with more frequent evening trains and will extend service by approximately one hour on all lines. The last Expo Line train to King George leaves waterfront at 2:16 a.m.; the last Canada Line trains leave Waterfront at 2:05 a.m. (to YVR) and 2:15 a.m. (to Richmond-Brighouse).
- SeaBusÂ will operate a normal weekday schedule but will extend service by about one hour with the last sailing from Lonsdale Quay at 2:00 a.m. and Waterfront at 2:22 a.m.
- West Coast ExpressÂ afternoon trains depart from Waterfront at 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 4:20 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. No 12:55 p.m. TrainBus; all other TrainBus trips depart at their regular times.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013Â (New Year’s Day)
Statutory Holiday: one-zone ticket is good for travel across all zones today.
- Bus,Â SeaBusÂ andÂ SkyTrainÂ services will be running usual Sunday/holiday schedules.
- West Coast ExpressÂ trains and TrainBus service will not operate.
Service returns to regular weekday schedules for all modes on Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
Happy New Year Vancouver! Have fun at your New Year’s celebrations!