TransLink offers free transit on New Year’s Eve in Metro Vancouver 2012 – 2013
As in previous years, TransLink is making transit service free starting Monday evening (December 31, 2012) after 5:00 pm. The free service ends at Tuesday morning (January 1, 2013) around 5:00 am.
Monday, December 31, 2012 (New Year’s Eve)
**Free fares start at 5 p.m. Dec 31 and go until 5 a.m. Jan 1.**
- Bus service will run usual weekday schedules with some routes running additional evening/late-night trips after their normal schedules. Use the Trip Planner to check your route and bus times, or read our New Year’s Eve Bus Schedule Adjustments service sheet for a list of bus routes providing extra service on December 31.
- SkyTrain will run usual weekday schedules with more frequent evening trains and will extend service by approximately one hour on all lines. The last Expo Line train to King George leaves waterfront at 2:16 a.m.; the last Canada Line trains leave Waterfront at 2:05 a.m. (to YVR) and 2:15 a.m. (to Richmond-Brighouse).
- SeaBus will operate a normal weekday schedule but will extend service by about one hour with the last sailing from Lonsdale Quay at 2:00 a.m. and Waterfront at 2:22 a.m.
- West Coast Express afternoon trains depart from Waterfront at 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 4:20 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. No 12:55 p.m. TrainBus; all other TrainBus trips depart at their regular times.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013 (New Year’s Day)
Statutory Holiday: one-zone ticket is good for travel across all zones today.
- Bus, SeaBus and SkyTrain services will be running usual Sunday/holiday schedules.
- West Coast Express trains and TrainBus service will not operate.
Service returns to regular weekday schedules for all modes on Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
Happy New Year Vancouver! Have fun at your New Year’s celebrations!