Starbucks Mobile Order and Pay Arrives in Vancouver Today
Today, Starbucks Canada is launching the company’s innovative mobile ordering feature, Mobile Order & Pay, to both Android and iOs users in Vancouver. The feature will be available at over 130 store locations in Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, New Westminster, Gibsons and Sechelt.
Following a successful launch in Toronto in October, mobile ordering is emerging as the fastest and easiest way for Starbucks customers to order ahead, then pay and pick up their purchases – providing on-the-go customers a simple and quick alternative to get some of their favourite food or beverage items. The Mobile Order and Pay feature is seamlessly integrated into Starbucks world-class mobile app and My Starbucks Rewards loyalty program.
“The simple, convenience of Mobile Order & Pay means customers can bypass the line,” says Jessica Mills, director Brand and Digital, Starbucks Canada. “We know that sometimes our customers have to choose between going to Starbucks and making their next meeting or appointment. This represents a significant opportunity for us to enhance the customer experience and save our busy customers some time.”
Starbucks was the first national retailer to offer its own mobile payment technology combined with a loyalty program. Today, mobile payments represent 18% of all in-store transactions in Canadian Starbucks stores and more than 1 million Canadians are active My Starbucks Rewards members. With the Mobile Order & Pay feature, customers have the same Starbucks Experience they would have in- store, including the ability to customize orders in-app with the convenience and speed of placing and paying for an order in advance and estimated pick up times are shown in-app before a customer confirms their order.
To use Mobile Order & Pay from your Starbucks app for iPhone or Android device:
1. Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the food and beverage items to order: Beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more
3. Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available, if needed
4. Confirm by clicking, “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card
5. Proceed to the participating Starbucks store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items
For more information, please visit www.starbucks.ca