Starbucks Mobile Order and Pay Arrives in Vancouver Today
Today, Starbucks Canada is launching the companyâ€™s innovative mobile ordering feature, Mobile Order & Pay, to both Android and iOs users in Vancouver. The feature will be available at over 130 store locations in Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, New Westminster, Gibsons and Sechelt.
Following a successful launch in Toronto in October, mobile ordering is emerging as the fastest and easiest way for Starbucks customers to order ahead, then pay and pick up their purchases â€“ providing on-the-go customers a simple and quick alternative to get some of their favourite food or beverage items. The Mobile Order and Pay feature is seamlessly integrated into Starbucks world-class mobile app and My Starbucks Rewards loyalty program.
â€œThe simple, convenience of Mobile Order & Pay means customers can bypass the line,â€ says Jessica Mills, director Brand and Digital, Starbucks Canada. â€œWe know that sometimes our customers have to choose between going to Starbucks and making their next meeting or appointment. This represents a significant opportunity for us to enhance the customer experience and save our busy customers some time.â€
Starbucks was the first national retailer to offer its own mobile payment technology combined with a loyalty program. Today, mobile payments represent 18% of all in-store transactions in Canadian Starbucks stores and more than 1 million Canadians are active My Starbucks Rewards members. With the Mobile Order & Pay feature, customers have the same Starbucks Experience they would have in- store, including the ability to customize orders in-app with the convenience and speed of placing and paying for an order in advance and estimated pick up times are shown in-app before a customer confirms their order.
To use Mobile Order & Pay from your Starbucks app for iPhone or Android device:
1. Click on the â€œOrderâ€ option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the food and beverage items to order: Beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more
3. Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customerâ€™s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available, if needed
4. Confirm by clicking, â€œorder:â€ At the time of order, payment is made from the customerâ€™s registered Starbucks Card
5. Proceed to the participating Starbucks store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items
For more information, please visit www.starbucks.ca