Property tax due date in effect regardless of Canada Post service disruption
Vancouver property owners are reminded that property taxes are due on Tuesday, July 5, 2011, and late payments are subject to a five per cent penalty.
In the event of a Canada Post service disruption in Vancouver, property owners are still responsible for ensuring their property tax payments, utility payments and home owner grants are received by the City of Vancouver on or before the due date.
To pay property taxes and submit home owner grants by July 5, 2011, please use the following options:
- online or telephone banking;
- pay at property ownersâ€™ financial institutions;
- payment by automated teller machine (ATM);
- deposit cheque (not cash) in the City Hall mail box (available 24 hours) or drop box; or
- in person at Revenue Services Department counters located at ground floor City Hall.
Property owners can also submit their home owner grants online at vancouver.ca/ehog.
For those who have not received their tax notices, they can go online to find their account balance at vancouver.ca/propertyinquiry or call 311.
For other general information, email questions to [email protected] or call 311.