Academy by Polygon Homes – UBC Apartments – Vancouver Real Estate
Academy by Polygon Homes
One plus Den & Two Bedroom Apartment Residences
It’s time to live within the world of higher education. Polygon is pleased to introduce the newest collection of high-rise apartment residences at the University of British Columbia on Vancouver’s West Side…discover Academy.
Situated within a vibrant university campus, close at hand are top education opportunities at all levels, an array of hiking and biking trails, convenient new shopping and quick access to everything you need to pursue a higher level of living
This prestigious collection of one plus den and two bedroom apartment residences showcases contemporary West Coast architecture in a treed setting adjacent to the renowned Pacific Spirit Park. Inside, contemporary interiors feature bright open-plan layouts, marble bathrooms and gourmet kitchens with engineered stone countertops, custom cabinetry and premium appliances. Large private decks invite outdoor entertaining, and many homes offer stunning views of the Strait of Georgia.
A world of privilege, convenience and activity awaits at the most western tip of Metro Vancouver. Take advantage of the world-famous University of British Columbia campus just outside your door. Education opportunities abound and recreational pursuits are limitless. Relax at the beach with sunset walks, ride the trails of Pacific Spirit Park or take in a concert at the Chan Centre for Performing Arts.
Enjoy the opportunity of being near the most prestigious educational institutions in the province. The internationally acclaimed University of British Columbia and its campus of amenities are steps away. As well, a number of highly regards schools are just minutes away, including University Hill Elementary and Secondary, St. Georges School and West Point Grey Academy – institutions that are consistently ranked as the top schools in all of British Columbia.
UBC is also connected to a world city, just minutes from downtown Vancouver, residents of this neighbourhood are within easy reach of a wealth of restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
- A Plan, 1 bedroom and Den from $438,000
- B Plan, 2 bedroom from $698,000
- C Plan, Corner 2 bedroom from $798,000
- $10,000 upon writing
- Increase to 10% within 7 days
- Increase to 20% within 5 months
Academy Fast Facts:
- Prestigious collection of one plus den and two bedroom apartment residences in the Westbrook Village neighbourhood at the University of British Columbia.
- Rising eighteen stories, Academy showcases contemporary architecture featuring a welcoming entry canopy, dramatic concrete and metal details, spandrel glass and fir trellises.
- Contemporary interiors boast bright open-plan layouts, marble bathrooms and gourmet kitchens with engineered stone countertops, custom cabinetry and premium appliances.
- Large private decks invite outdoor entertaining, and many homes offer stunning views of the Strait of Georgia.
- A sought-after UBC location just steps from top education opportunities, shopping and a host of recreational pursuits.
- Completion estimated for late 2013.
- Built Right by Polygon.
- Hard-wired smoke detectors.
- Comprehensive warranty protection by Travelers, including coverage for:
- – Materials and labour (2 years)
- – Building envelope (5 years)
- – Structural defects (10 years)
- Superior reinforced concrete and steel construction designed for the West Coast climate.
- Dedicated after-sales service by Polygon’s renowned Customer Service team.
Special Penthouse Features
- Gas BBQ hookups are available your expansive terrace to grill summer dinners to perfection.
- Airy 10′-2″ ceilings create grandeur and highlight the spacious penthouse floorplans.
- Bosch stacking washer/dryer.
- Storage lockers with key fob access only.
- Secure bike locker.
- iPad docking station built into the kitchen pantry.
Vancouver and UBC: The Big Picture
With interest rates low and the stock market unpredictable, many people are considering alternative investment vehicles. Real Estate has always been a classic choice as part of a larger portfolio mix, but one question remains where is a smart location to buy? Let’s look at UBC.
With constant flow of local and international youth filling a student body of nearly 50,000, UBC is always a rental market with extremely high demand. More than 8,000 students, faculty and staff live in university residences, with another 7,500 living in other residential buildings on campus, All of these students are potential tenants.
Looking at Vancouver on the aggregate, population growth, employment opportunities and the relative affordability of rental accommodation compared to ownership are expected to support demand for rental housing,
Academy at UBC represents a solid, practical investment choice in a location that draws quality, well-funded tenants year over year. This, in a city with historically slim vacancy rates on the whole.
Easy to Acquire and Tax Sheltered
One of the benefits of real estate is the number of interesting options you can use to purchase it. You can acquire property for a relatively small amount of cash, provided you can leverage it properly. This provides you with a large asset offering excellent wealth-generating potential for a relatively small initial outlay. Renting your Academy suite is an ideal way to preserve cash flow while subsidizing your mortgage payments and increasing your equity.
The increase in equity from a rental property is only taxed when it’s sold. And, your cash flow is only taxable when it is in excess of expenses – including financing costs. Additionally, any negative cash flows can be offset against other personal and investment income, meaning the government is in effect subsidizing your leverage for this investment.
What can you expect to charge a tenant in different neighbourhoods? You obviously want to make a monthly profit on your investment, and you’d like it to be consistent and reliable. Let’s look at the rent you might net at Academy at UBC versus the rest of Vancouver.
In 2011, the average rent for a two bedroom at UBC was $1,873.
Today, we see migration-driven population growth augmenting, and even supporting, rental demand, The flow of international immigrants between 2006 and 20l0 has averaged about 40,000 per year across the province. Take into context that UBC’s student body is now 12% foreign students, and you have an added draw to traditional investment properties elsewhere in the city.
- It’s easier than ever to purchase rental properties, Many banks apply “residential lending rules” to purchases of rental properties. This means that purchases are often handled at the branch level, where approvals are quicker and less bureaucratic
- Keep in mind that it’s now possible to use rental income to help qualify for mortgage financing.
Academy – UBC Apartments by Polygon – 5696 Berton Avenue, Vancouver, BC
If you’d like to know more about this amazing new UBC real estate development or if you are thinking of buying or selling your home, please do not hesitate to email James Chung, Vancouver REALTOR® at [email protected] or call ( 6 0 4 ) 7 1 9 – 6 3 2 8 today!
Just letting you know when using a REALTOR® when buying new from a Developer. It doesn’t cost you a penny! The developer will pay the REALTOR® a commission for bringing a qualified buyer to the table — buyers simply reap the benefits. The developer’s sales representative works for the company, and is paid to protect the company’s interest. A REALTOR® should have one person’s interests in mind — their clients.