Celebrate Summer Cocktail Hour With Bombay Sapphire East
Gin has always been the classic cocktail spirit that was meant to be mixed. As a key ingredient to many of the seasonâ€™s most refreshing cocktails, it balances botanicals with light and fresh seasonal flavours like citrus and fruits. This summer, Bombay Sapphire East Gin is reminding Canadians of the many reasons why gin is the perfect drink choice to help celebrate your summer cocktail hours, whether theyâ€™re at the cottage, your local patio or in your own backyard.
â€œFrom a subtle hint of citrus, to its complex, yet balanced flavour, gin features the ultimate crisp and refreshing qualities that make it the perfect summer drink,â€ says David Wolowidnyk, Vancouver Brand Ambassador, Bombay Sapphire. â€œBombay Sapphireâ€™s unique vapour infusion process and exotic handpicked botanicals make it exceptionally well balanced and extraordinarily mixable, making it the perfect choice for your favourite gin cocktail.â€
With approximately 50 million cases of gin sold around the world every year, there are many reasons to raise a glass this summer and here are Bombay Sapphireâ€™s top 5:
Bombay Sapphire Eastâ€™s Top 5 Reasons why Gin is the Spirit of Summer
1. Tonic originated in India as the quinine in tonic was a remedy to combat mosquito-borne malaria. Adding ice, citrus and gin made the tonic more refreshing and palatable and the citrus also helped prevent scurvy. While malaria and scurvy arenâ€™t concerns here in Canada, mosquitoes definitely areâ€¦so go ahead and enjoy a Gin and Tonic, just to be safe!
2. Since the 1800s, gin has been the go-to spirit for bartenders, as its botanical flavours add complexity to any cocktail, while balancing perfectly with light summer ingredients.
3. Many experts would agree that gin is vodkaâ€™s worldlier, more interesting older brother. Replacing vodka with Bombay Sapphire in summer cocktail favourites such as a Caesar will add a new layer of complexity to your drink.
4. Gin is globally renowned for being refreshing on a hot day and consumption rates are highest in warm climates like Spain, the worldâ€™s number one gin market.
5. Gin is an aperitif, preparing the palate and stimulating the appetite, and thus every great summer BBQ or dining experience should start with a gin cocktail, like a Negroni.
Mosquitoes aside, itâ€™s no surprise that the classic Gin and Tonic is the number #1 reason on Bombay Sapphire Eastâ€™s list, with 65% of the worldâ€™s gin enjoyed in a Gin and Tonic.
â€œThere nothing more refreshing on a hot summer afternoon than a Gin and Tonic,â€ says Wolowidnyk. â€œThis summer, try adding a refreshingly exotic twist to this classic with Bombay Sapphire East, Infusing Thai lemongrass and Vietnamese black peppercorns to offer a gentle hint of citrus and spice, to create the ultimate Gin and Tonic.â€
Created to compliment and stand up to the subtle bitterness of tonic, Bombay Sapphire EastÂ is exceptionally smooth and delicately balanced, perfect for your summer Gin and Tonic.
THE SAPPHIRE EAST GIN AND TONIC
– 1 Â½ oz Bombay Sapphire East
– Fever Tree tonic
– Lemongrass stem
– Cracked peppercorn
– Lime wedge
– Peppercorn sprinkle and lemongrass stem
– Press 3 small bulbs of lemongrass and lime wedge into the base of glass. Build other ingredients. Serve in a stemless red wine glass