Stanley Park’s 125th Anniversary Celebrations – August 24 – 25, 2013
You’re invited to celebrate Stanley Park’s 125th anniversary!
Today, the City of Vancouver, the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation, local First Nations, and sponsors announced plans for the major festival in August.
Celebrate! Stanley Park takes place August 24 and 25 at outdoor locations and venues throughout the park. The festival will highlight the parkâ€™s ecology, First Nations history, and its value as a modern urban park enjoyed by over eight million visitors annually.
Enjoy diverse festival activities, including:
- Free family entertainment
- Performing and visual arts
- Interactive sports
- Heritage experiences
- First Nations cultural presentations
The event is supported by funding from the Government of Canada, local government, and local businesses. Stanley Park Brewery is the lead presenting sponsor.
Program highlights at the main celebration sites
Community picnic at Ceperly Meadow, near Second Beach
- Enjoy a diverse showcase of mainstage performances by local musical talent.
Family fun and First Nations performances atÂ Lumbermenâ€™s Arch
- Delight inÂ performances by local children and roving entertainers.
- Experience Coast Salish artisans and performances with members of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
- Study park species at Stanley Park Ecology Societyâ€™s BioBlitz.
Sports, games, and outdoor theatreÂ at Brockton Point
- Play in all-ages sports demos and drop-in games at Brockton Sportsapalooza
- Be amazedÂ at the spectacular outdoor theatre eveningÂ presented by Boca del Lupo.
Celebrate! Stanley Park 125th Anniversary
When:Â Saturday, August 24th 12pm – 8pm
Sunday, August 25th 12pm – 8pm
Ticketed performances 8pm – 10pm
For more information, please visit:Â stanleypark125.ca