Social Bites’ Indulge n’ Dance at W2 Media CafÃ© – Vancouver’s newest culinary event – April 14, 2012
Social Bites Networking Services presents Indulge n’ Dance, the newest culinary adventure in Vancouver. On Saturday, April 14 lovers of the sweeter things in life will convene at the W2 Media CafÃ© & Performance Centre to enjoy some fine treats by local artisans and dance off their guilty pleasures.
“Judging from the amount of amazing bakeries, chocolate, macaroon and now doughnut shops, it does not come as a surprise that Vancouverites love their sweet treats,” says Annika Reinhardt, the founder of Indulge n’ Dance. “I thought, why not create an after-dinner event that features some of Vancouver’s most talented new pastry makers in a relaxed, fun, yet mature atmosphere. Add some great 80s and 90s dance music and you have an event that is one of its kind in the city.”
What makes Indulge n’ Dance unique is that all participating artisans are up-and-coming entrepreneurs that don’t have a brick and mortar presence. You might see their creations at the baker’s market and some of them sell online. Indulge n’ Dance Vol. 1 features seven local pastry makers and their creations.
- Some Kind of Wonderful – Vanilla buttermilk cake pop coated in white Belgium chocolate & candied maple bacon
- Guava Jelly Cupcakes – Pina colada cupcake: pineapple cake, coconut custard, pineapple cream cheese icing, toasted coconut
- Kawaii Eats – Matcha macaron with white chocolate yuzu ganache
- Hyggelig – Dark chocolate baked donut, whiskey orange glaze
- The Pie Hole – Apple caramel pie pop
- Yummy Workshop – Chocolate ganache tart with salted caramel
- Rosy’s Bake Shoppe – Molasses spice cookie ball coated in chocolate + rosemary shortbread cookie
Event tickets can be purchased online for only $18 and include admission, one treat as well as one Salt Spring coffee beverage. Dieheart dessert fans can also buy additional treat tickets to avoid missing any of the delicious bites. In addition, guests get to try some sweet delights out of the W2 Media CafÃ© kitchen. “We are excited to host Indulge n’ Dance at our media, arts and culture hub,” says Irwin Oostindie, Executive Director of W2. The cafe is a social enterprise that not only serves healthy, high quality food and drink but also employes DTES residents to connect the neighbourhood.
For more information, please visit: http://socialbites.ca