Contest! Grand Ballroom FUSE at Vancouver Art Gallery – July 19, 2013
The Vancouver Art Galleryâ€™s enormously popular FUSE will light up the night on July 19. Inspired by the exhibition Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life, and presented in association with Arrival Agency, the makers behind the events at the Waldorf Hotel, this summer edition Grand Ballroom FUSE, will be a multi-room party with performers, installations, projections, DJs, music and food carts.
The evening plays with contemporary ideas of luxury and excessâ€”a grand party for a Grand Hotel! Classic opulence collides with street-wise edge throughout the galleries and on the Robson Plaza.
In honour of Viva Vancouverâ€™s new summertime plaza, â€œCorduroy Roadâ€, there will be free performances and some special treats on Robson Street.
Grand Ballroom FUSE includes:
- Contemporary dance artists House of La Douche, Waacouture and choreographer Jojo Zolina perform in the Gallery and on Robson Street in conjunction with VIVA Vancouver
- DJs Cherchez La Femme and friends, on Robson Street in conjunction with VIVA Vancouver
- Join friends and fellow FUSE-goers in our 2 FUSE Lounges: one outdoors on Robson Plaza by the patio bar, and one indoor with Paul Wongâ€™s ambient Art Bar featuring signature projections and DJs
- Psychedelic, experimental sounds by Vancouver-based band Von Bingen in the 4th floor rooftop pavilion
- Ambient art rock music from Victoriaâ€™s Freak Heat Waves in the 4th floor rooftop pavilion
- Spectacular projections in the rotunda by H Four, and an unforgettable performance by opera singer Jessica Lalonde, with synthesizer by Juno-Award winning composer Chris Gestrin
- A roving, interactive dance collaborative by Kinesis Dance on the 1st and 2nd floors
- And many, many more artists and performers!
In addition to performances, FUSE-goers can see the recently opened exhibitions:
Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life
Persuasive Visions: 17th Century Dutch & Flemish Masterworks and Contemporary Reflections
Portraits in Time
James Hart: The Dance Screen
In Dialogue with Carr: Gareth Moore â€“ Allochthonous WindowPage 2 of 2
Since its launch in July 2005, thousands of visitors have gathered at the Gallery for this eclectic
adult event. On Friday evenings three times annually, art, live performance, music, DJs, Gallery
tours and unexpected surprises have made FUSE Vancouver’s favourite see-and-be-seen event.
Admission: $20 for adults and free for Gallery Members.
For more information about FUSE, please visit:
Weâ€™re giving away a pair of tickets to Grand Ballroom FUSE at the Vancouver Art Gallery on Friday, July 19, 2013 from 8:00 pm – 1:00 am.
Hereâ€™s how you can enter to win:
1. Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter (2 entries)
2. Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
3. Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
Win 2 tickets to Grand Ballroom FUSE at @VanArtGallery July 19 via @HelloVancity http://ow.ly/mUxfS RT & Follow to enter!
We will draw the winner at random on Wednesday, July 17, 2013. Good luck!