2012 Granville Island Turkey Trot – 10K Run Walk Stroll – October 8, 2012
The Turkey Trot is not your average run. The goal is to make the run an experience Turkey Trot want to raise the level of organization, volunteer involvement, accurate and timely information, gourmet food, and raise the level of excitement.
As an example, post-race food is not just bananas, water and oranges like most other races; Turkey Trot have gourmet food that will have you sprinting over the finish line. While you are chowing down on the gourmet food you will be enjoying the rockin’ reception for our house band!
Make this fun, family friendly 10km run, walk or stroll part of your Thanksgiving tradition and celebrate by:
- Spending time with family
- Supporting the food bank
- Burning off all that yummy, rich turkey dinner with a 10km, walk or stroll run around the seawall
The Turkey Trot is great for racers, walkers, Nordic walkers, strollers, kids, families… essentially it’s a great outing for everyone.
What’s unique about the Turkey Trot?
- Supports the Greater Vancouver Food Bank with cash and food donations
- Is considered one of the most organized, scenic, flat and friendly events in Vancouver
- Includes amazing post-race celebration with band & catered food
- Limited to 2,000 runners
- Moms and Dads can push junior in the Tot Trot (strollers welcome)
- Complimentary bike valet service for all registered runners
This scenic and flat 10 km course starts at Granville Island and loops over Burrard Bridge to the north side Sea Wall before turning at Science World to head back along the south side Sea Wall to Performance Works on Granville Island. Runner will finish on the boardwalk and will enjoy a post run meal inside the Performance Works.
Date and Time: Thanksgiving, Monday October 8, 2012 at 8:30am. The Trot Trot Stroller Run starts at 8:35am.
For more information, please visit: http://www.turkeytrot.ca