Shangri-La Toronto (Construction Update December 2011)
Opening Summer 2012
North America’s second Shangri-la Hotel is set to open August 7, 2012. The 200 room luxury hotel occupies the first 17 floors of the 66 storey tower. The Shangri-La brand is recognized internationally for its exacting standards, and precise service.
- Pouring concrete for Level 65 (out of a total of 66 residential floors)
- Glass has been delivered for the last run of estates floors and glass is currently being installed on Level 58.
- Topping off the building at the end of November and the crane is coming down in February.
- Framing demising walls on Level 42 while the interior walls have been framed up to Level 39.
- Level 26 has been boarded and painted with kitchen cabinetry and bathroom stone and plumbing fixtures installed.
Westbank’s President Ian Gillespie recently announced details of the release of four ultra-luxurious, exclusive new penthouse suites on the 65th/66th floor, quickly pointing out that there are actually only three available, as one has already been sold to Gillespie, himself.
These newly released suites will range in size from 3300- 3500 sf., and will feature private internal elevator service, unsurpassed features and finishes, and a massive terrace of approximately 1,400 sf. Priced at over $9 million, these corner two storey penthouses will be the highest terraced residential suites in Toronto.
Residences and Private Estates from $998,500
Living Shangri-La, Toronto is now more than 80% sold out, although this luxury development has a good selection of prime condominium units still available, including luxurious one and two bedroom residences on floors 18-49, priced from $1.7M to $2.2M. The exclusive Private Estate Collection, on floors 50-66, offers exclusive suites from $998,500 to over $10M.