Recipes to celebrate National French Fry Day on July 13
This Thursday, July 13, is National French Fry Day!
Cheesy Asiago & Artichoke Dip is perfect for that weekend potluck or spur-of- the-moment cookout. This refreshing dip will become an instant crowd-pleaser. Paired with McCain Sea Salt Crinkle Cut Wedge, it’s really a no-brainer. You’ll just have to make sure there’s enough to go around.
Cheesy Asiago & Artichoke Dip Recipe
– Servings: 4-6
– Preparation Time: 10 mins
– Cooking Time: 25 mins
Product Used: Sea Salt Crinkle Cut Wedges
– 1 bag (650g) McCain Sea Salt Crinkle Cut Wedge
– 2 cups grated Asiago cheese
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 garlic cloves
– 6 -8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
– 1/2 tsp lemon juice
– Prepare McCain Sea Salt Crinkle Cut Wedge according to package directions.
– Mash up the artichoke hearts in a bowl along with the minced garlic.
– Add the Asiago cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream (or yogurt), salt, garlic cloves and lemon juice.
– Mix it all together and refrigerate until using.
Maple Bacon Poutine Recipe
It’s times like this when you’ll be proud to be Canadian! A big thank you to Chef Charlene Rowland at Wayne Gretzky’s restaurant in Toronto, for creating a Modifry like no other. Maple? Bacon? Bourbon? We didn’t think Poutine could get any better!
– Preparation Time: 15 mins
– Cooking Time: 45 mins
– Servings: 4
Product Used: Superfries Straight Cut
– 2 ltrs white gravy base
– 15 ml maple syrup
– 1.5 cups (345ml) bourbon (optional)
– 1 oz flour
– 10 slices of bacon diced
– 16 oz cheese curds
– 1 bag (650g) McCain Superfries Straight Cut
White gravy base ingredients
– 2 ltrs cream
– 1 ltr chicken stock
– 3 tsp Dijon mustard
– 3 tsp grainy mustard
– 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper ground
– 4 shallots diced fine
Directions for white gravy base
– In a pot heat up a tsp of oil and cook off shallots until they are translucent.
– Add in Dijon mustard, grainy mustard and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
– Add in chicken stock and cream and reduce mixture by half.
– Bake McCain Superfries Straight Cut according to package directions.
– Heat up frying pan and add a tsp of oil.
– When pan is hot, add in diced up bacon and cook until it is crispy.
– Add flour into pan and cook until flour is a golden colour.
– Add in maple syrup and Bourbon. Cook until liquid has reduced by half.
– Add in white gravy base and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
– Pour Maple Bacon gravy over Superfries and cheese curds and enjoy!