Festive Dishes for Christmas Dinner & Potluck
Wow, your friends and family with a Santa-approved dinner and festive home decor from Presidents Choice Insiders Collection. The new PC Collection will get your home ready for Christmas with holiday-theme centrepiece, table setting and kitchenware.
One of my favourite is the new PC Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven and available in four colours, red, orange, grey and blue. The versatile dutch oven is suitable for stovetops including induction to table presentation. It’s made of heavy-duty enameled cast iron for exceptional heat distribution and retention.
Here are 3 delicious and easy recipes to impress your friends and family: Crispy Gnocchi, Double-Smoked Salmon and Sweet Pea Yorkies & Smoked Cheddar and Ghost Pepper Bacon Dip.
Crispy Gnocchi with Bruschetta and Arugula Salad
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
– 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
– 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
– 1 pkg (350 g) PC Gnocchi Potato Dumplings NEW
– 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC Splendido White Condiment With Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
– 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 6 cups (1.5 L) lightly packed PC Organics Baby Arugula
– 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Tomato Basil Bruschetta Topping
– 1/4 cup (50 mL) shaved PC Splendido Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until golden,
3 to 4 minutes. Transfer garlic with slotted spoon to small bowl, leaving oil in skillet. Set garlic aside.
2. Heat same skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi; cook, turning occasionally, until golden and crispy,
6 to 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 2 tbsp oil, white condiment, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add
arugula and garlic; toss to coat. Divide among serving plates. Top with gnocchi, dividing evenly.
4. Heat same skillet over medium heat. Add bruschetta topping; cook, stirring often, until heated
through, about 1 minute. Spoon over gnocchi mixture and top with cheese, dividing evenly.
Chef’s Tip: Keep a close eye on the sliced garlic as it’s cooking – it can quickly go from golden to burned.
Double-Smoked Salmon and Sweet Pea Yorkies
– 1 cup (250 mL) frozen PC Small Sweet Peas
– 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh mint
– 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Ricotta Whey Cheese
– 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC Creamy Horseradish Sauce
– 1 tbsp (15 mL) each grated lemon zest and fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
– 1 pkg (185 g) PC Yorkshire Pudding
– Half pkg (300 g pkg) frozen PC Double Smoked Oak-Smoked Long-Sliced Scottish Atlantic Salmon (about 6 slices), thawed and halved lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Bring small saucepan of water to a boil. Add frozen peas; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until chilled. Drain well.
3. Combine peas, mint, ricotta, horseradish sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt in food processor. Pulse, stopping to scrape down bowl if necessary, until smooth. Transfer to small bowl; cover and refrigerate until needed.
4. Arrange frozen puddings in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 4 minutes. Transfer puddings directly to rack to cool completely.
5. Spoon pea mixture into cooled puddings, dividing evenly. Beginning at 1 short end, loosely roll up each piece of salmon to make 12 rosettes. Arrange 1 rosette in centre of each pudding.
Chef’s Tip: Garnish with pea shoots and sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
Smoked Cheddar and Ghost Pepper Bacon Dip
Makes: about 2-½ cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cool time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 50 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
– 4 slices PC Sweet Ghost Pepper Naturally Smoked Bacon
– 1-½ cups (375 mL) shredded PC Smoke Flavoured Cheddar Cheese
– 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh chives
– 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
– 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC Old-Fashioned Dijon Prepared Mustard
– 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Place bacon in cold skillet. Cook over medium heat, turning often, until golden and crispy, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined cutting board to drain. Discard paper towel; finely chop bacon.
3. Transfer 1 tbsp bacon to small bowl; stir in 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese and 1 tbsp chives. Set aside.
4. Stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire, cayenne pepper and remaining bacon, 1-¼ cups Cheddar cheese and 2 tbsp chives in large bowl until well combined. Transfer to 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate, smoothing top. Sprinkle with reserved bacon mixture.
5. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with toasted sliced baguette, sliced apples and your favourite PC crackers.