PetSmart Charities National Adoption Weekend – November 11 – 13, 2016
Every year, an estimated 7 million pets enter shelters in North America. As a leader in pet adoptions in North America, PetSmart Charities of Canada helps more than 20,000 cats and dogs find homes through its adoption programs and sponsored adoption events each year. The non-profit has also granted more than $9 million to help pets in need, focusing on adoption and spay/neuter programs. With over 300 different animal welfare/rescue partners across the country, PetSmart Charities is dedicated to saving the lives of homeless pets and finding them forever homes.
Some reasons to adopt a pet before the holiday season:
1. You’ll be a holiday hero before you’ve even started shopping
· Adopting a pet in November means you’ve already knocked off one of the most wanted items on your gift list.
2. You’ll have more time to transition your pet
· When bringing home a new pet, you’ll want to spend as much time with them as possible. Adopting in November means more focused attention, and your pet will be a seasoned pro by the time the holiday festivities begin.
3. You can involve your new four-legged family member in all your holiday traditions
· Our pets are part of our families, so including them in traditions like dinners, opening presents or even going for snowy walks can bring more joy…not to mention upping the cuteness factor of holiday photos.
4. You can get a head start on New Year’s resolutions
· We all know the holidays tend to me indulging, but playing hide and seek with a new kitten or going for walks with a new dog can help pet parents – and kids – develop healthy habits while bonding with your pet.
5. Because thousands of pets need a forever home right now
· Thousands of healthy, loving, adoptable pets are currently in shelters across the country. By adopting one from PetSmart, you’ll be giving the ultimate gift of saving a life.
PetSmart Charities of Canada National Adoption Weekend (NAW) is taking place at PetSmart stores across the country from November 11 – 13, 2016.