Discover Mineral Exploration at AME’s Discovery Day – January 22, 2017
Hosted by the Association for Mineral Exploration (AME), Discovery Day is a fun, interactive outreach event designed to educate the public about the mineral exploration industry in B.C.
Many people don’t realize that the products they use and depend on every day, like pens, smart phones, cosmetics, and more, would not exist without the minerals and precious metals found in our province. Join us on the exciting journey from minerals to consumer goods at Discovery Day, and learn more about the fascinating world of mineral exploration right here in British Columbia.
Interactive displays and hands-on activities will entertain guests at this free family event with something for every member of your family.
Highlights from the event include:
– “Stump a Geologist:” Bring your favourite rock and one of the geologists will help identify what it is and where it came from.
– Gold panning with Yukon Dan: Try your hand at gold panning with professional gold panner Yukon Dan and take home real gold flakes!
– Everything you need to know about Ice Age Fossils at the Yukon Government’s Ice Age Fossil Display.
– An exploration camp set-up, including a tent and work area.
– Mining for Minerals’ display on minerals in the medical field with their iconic mascot Buddy the Miner.
– Fun activities for young children, including face painting and balloon animals.
When: Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre East, Ballroom A (Canada Place)
1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, B.C.
For more information, please visit: http://roundup.amebc.ca/events/discovery-day-2/