CBC Open House & Food Bank Day – December 3, 2010
CBC Open House & Food Bank Day on Friday, December 3 from 8 AM to 7 PM.
This is the 24th year of the CBC British Columbia Food Bank Day. CBC local and regional radio shows broadcast special programs to help inspire your generosity towards those who need the services that B.C. food banks provide. In tandem, CBC invite everyone to come to CBC state-of-the-art CBC Broadcast Centre in downtown Vancouver to see how CBC make radio, television and digital programming.
Meet on-air personalities, tour the integrated newsroom and help your local food bank by making a donation. It’s a day full of great entertainment, exciting activities and heartfelt generosity.
Food Bank Day kicks off 5:30 a.m. with Rick Cluff and The Early Edition. The Open House runs from 8:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m.
CBC news services can be found here – English & French TV and Radio news, English & French Radio Current Affairs and web services. CBC integrated newsroom allows us to distribute content onto all major platforms: television, radio, the internet and satellite-based services. This is very important as CBC/Radio-Canada moves towards being a content driven broadcasting company and thinking of CBC news operations as a news gathering operation. CBC Vancouver places huge importance on being local, on being immediate and on being close to the lives and issues of those in our community.
- Meet the reporters, writers and web developers who make CBC.ca/bc one of the most popular local news and information websites in B.C. CBC guide you through CBC website and all of its social networking applications.
- Stop by CBC Live Hit location and meet CBC news reporters. They’ll share their stories and provide insight into the world of news gathering.
- Check out CBC state-of-the-art Ignite TV control room, the nerve centre of a TV newscast.
- Lights, action, camera! Experience the thrill of being on the CBC News Vancouver TV set and visit CBC Weather Desk for the latest forecast.
- You’ll get the chance to interact with CBC radio hosts and producers at the CBC Radio Studios. Find out what it takes to put together daily current affairs shows, performance programming and local newscasts.
- Enjoy the old time archival excerpts, representing the wide variety of programming produced here at CBC/Radio-Canada in B.C. over the past 55 years.
- Have fun with CBC display of vintage radio and television production gear. Meet some of CBC retirees and hear their stories from the past.
- See CBC Ingest area where TV news tapes, satellite, fibre optic and studio feeds come into and out of the building. CBC can ingest up to 10 different feeds at a time. These can be viewed within 15 seconds from any number of workstations and edit suites throughout the newsroom.
All Access Concert with the Grand Cariboo Opry and Barney Bentall
Grand Cariboo Opry is a highly entertaining old time variety show (think Prairie Home Companion). Barney Bentall hosts the proceedings and is joined by a mess of talented musicians.
Everyone plays and everyone sings. It’s a night chock-full of music, humour, warm wit and unique sponsorship promotions reminiscent of bygone days. Don’t miss a great night at the Opry!
For more information, please visit: http://www.cbc.ca