Don’t Miss the Expanded ‘West End Fest’
On September 8th, 2012 from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm will be the inagural year for the expanded West End Fest – formerly Davie Day. This year the business community will open Davie Street from Burrard and Denman Streets for the public to stoll, shop and play.
There will be more opportunities to intereact with area businesses, to enjoy live entertianment on two stages, and to celebrate a the people, culture and histroy of the West End.
- Wild and wonderful Joan-E will Emcee and put on a spectator favorite drag show.
- Performances at the Burrard Stage by Really Rod, Deep Seated, Dating myself, Matthew Presidente, The QLUTCH Project and DJ Zak Santiago.
- The Denman Stage will be Emceed by Ryan Steele and will have DJ performances by Ronnie Mejia, Nina Mendoza, Michael Fraser and MY!GAY!HUSBAND!
- Dodge Ball Tournament put on by Urban Rec
- Heritage Walking tours of famous Mole Hill
- Active Artist Gallery
- Musical Buskers
- Charity Ball Roll game wth proceeds going to A loving Spoonful and the West End Seniors Network,
- Roller Disco
- And lots of entertainment and activities for children and families
Westend Festival Dodgeball Tournament
Bring your best Dodgeball face down to play in the first Urban Rec Dodgeball Tournament at the West End Festival.
Have you ever thought it might be kind of fun to play Dodgeball in the middle of the street, well here is your chance. 6 cage match courts set up on Davie street between Cardero and Nicola for a round robin of Dodgeball like you have never seen before.
Great prizes to be won, and a whole lot of fun to be had.
West End Dodgeball Tournament
Location: Davie Street
Day of the Week: Saturday
Start Date: September 8th
Team Fee: $140 + HST
Game Times: 1pm – 4pm
Length: 1 Day
West End Fest
Date: Saturday, September 8, 2012
Time: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Davie Street between Burrad Street & Denman Street, Vancouver, BC