Canada Place is pleased to announce the talent line-up for Canada Day at Canada Place 2012 presented by Coast Capital Savings on Sunday, July 1. This year’s celebration will mark the 25th anniversary of Canada Place hosting the award winning event and honour the country’s 145th birthday. Canada Place will offer a full day of free family fun. The city’s largest waterfront party will include appearances from Juno award-winners Spirit of the West and Alex Cuba, along with 25 amazing music and dance performances. The main attractions are Canuck Road, a 65 foot tall geodome showcasing the Northwest Territories, and the Great Canadian Art Experience.
Canada Day at Canada Place 2012
A highlight of this year’s exciting activities and attractions, come join the red and white celebration.
- Canada Day Featured Performances — The inspirational all Canadian line up includes headline performance by Spirit of the West, who will be joined by local perennial favourite the Dal Richards Orchestra, Alex Cuba, Alpha Yaya Diallo, Dr. Strangelove and more than 25 music and dance acts on three stages.
- Northwest Territories Dome — Visit the a 65 foot tall geodesic dome and experience the natural beauty, culture and adventure of a year in the Northwest Territories through visual projections, static imagery, interpretive panels, music, and more.
- Canuck Road (Canada Place Way) — Take a stroll down Canuck Road and catch the West Coast Lumberjack Show or take a photo with the giant beavers from the 2010 Olympic Games Closing Ceremony. Enjoy Canadian inspired food from local vendors, participate in a game of street hockey.
- The Penny Party — Collect your pennies! Guests are encouraged to bring their soon-to-be discontinued pennies to help support local and national charities.
- Canada Day Citizenship Ceremony — Jack Poole Plaza will be the site of the ever-popular citizenship ceremony, hosted by Global TV anchor, Chris Gailus.
- Canada’s Army, Navy and Air Force — See incredible displays and exhibits that honour the country’s armed forces including HMCS Vancouver gracing us with her beauty in the Harbour.
- Great Canadian Art Experience — Canadian artist William Meire will be bringing back his Face of Canada Exhibit and introduce his new collection, Canada’s Landscapes. At the Art Expression Lounge guests can create their own art with digital graffiti and Canadian inspired origami projects.
- Canada Day Parade — The highly anticipated fun and festive annual parade begins at 7pm at Broughton and West Georgia and travels through downtown ending at Canada Place.
- Canada Day Burrard Inlet Fireworks Show — The dazzling two-barge fireworks show starts at 10:30pm. A ticketed reserved fireworks viewing area is available at Canada Place. All proceeds from ticket sales through ticketmaster.ca will be donated to Canada Place’s charity partner, the Strathcona Community Centre. Tickets: $10 for adults and free for kids 12 & under (accompanied by adult).
For more information, please visit: http://www.canadaday.canadaplace.ca